In one case, a ten year old home with an original hot water heater bursts...and unfortunately this is not an uncommon occurrence. Water floods the basement, ruins much of the furniture, kids' toys, the TV and game system, and all of the items in the storage area including holiday decorations and irreplaceable family pictures. In addition, the rugs and the padding are soaked through. A water mark has climbed the walls, so even the drywall will need to be replaced to avoid secondary damage and possible dangers from mold growth. Even the odor is awful - already a musty smell is creeping throughout the home. Can anything be salvaged, or should everything simply be thrown out? Will this be covered by insurance? What is the deductible? Can all of the moisture be removed to avoid toxic mold growth? This is going to cost a homeowner thousands and thousands of dollars, not to mention the hassle it has caused.